Thursday, February 26, 2015

How to Make a Collage of Pictures in Any Shape!

Its Tuesday again, so obviously its time for another technology tutorial!  This one is definitely one of my favorite... how to make a collage of pictures in any shape you want!


This poll won by a pretty large margin, but there were definitely some other contenders... itll be interesting to see what wins next week!


Now, onto the tutorial!  This tutorial uses the program Shape Collage, which you can download by clicking that link.






 You can download this tutorial as a PDF by clicking this picture!
Note: This tutorial is hosted on Google Docs.  To save it from there, just open the file and click File > Download to save onto your computer!

I have so many ideas for how I want to use this program in the classroom this year!  Primarily, I want to make a collage of photos of my students in the shape of the Cat in the Hats hat... but I think it has tons of other uses as well!

My students always seem to struggle with the "Which one does not belong?" questions on a test, despite tons of practice.  Im thinking I can make cute photo collages to use for this activity... for example, using all pictures of winter items in the shape of a winter hat, with a summer image placed in as well.  I think the kids will have a blast playing "I Spy" to look for the picture that doesnt belong... plus this shape will give them a hint as to the category it belongs in, which would make a great introduction point!

How do you think youll use this in your classroom?

As for next weeks poll, I did promise last week that Id add how to add HTML code to a blog post.  Im excited to see which one wins this time!